Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region
Home · Discussion Forum · Articles · News Categories · Web Links · Downloads05/02/2024 10:34:33
Navigation
Home
Discussion Forum
CenTex Missions
Austin CrossPosts
San Antonio CrossPosts
North Texas CrossPosts
West Texas CrossPosts
Watch List
Articles
News Categories
Photo Gallery
Web Links
FAQ
Downloads
Contact Webmaster
Search

Forum Threads
Newest Threads
UPDATED SFC George K...
Veteran Dustin Baldw...
YN2 Gregory Scarr, 7...
CW4 Gerald Ward, 73,...
SFC Lance Melder, 39...
Hottest Threads
Vets Get one more... [7]
TEXAS GATHERING O... [6]
Glenn Reynolds, 9... [6]
TEXAS GATHERING -... [5]
SP5 Robert Binkle... [3]

Latest Articles
Service flags
Flag code

View Thread
Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region | Ride Information | Completed CenTex Missions
Author Charles E Dye, US Army, Veteran, Kempner, TX
scooterJr
Administrator

Posted on 07/04/2013 08:12
CONFIRMED CENTEX MISSION
Charles E Dye, US Army, Veteran
Kempner, TX

The family of Charles Dye has requested the presence and participation of the Patriot Guard Riders at the Funeral Service and Interment of their Loved One.

Charles was a friend and neighbor of our former Deputy State Captain, Harry "Hacksaw" Morton. Their sons grew up together and have been close friends all their lives. Per Harry: "Chuck was a biker and was instrumental in getting me interested in riding. We talked a lot about motorcycles before I took the plunge and bought one. Then he had to ride it home for me because I didn't have my license yet. Chuck Dye is the man who originally told me about the Patriot Guard Riders. It was because of him I sought out the organization and became a member." Charles' full obituary may be found here: http://harpertalasekfh.com/services.asp?page=odetail&locid=33&id=29363

Date: Saturday, 6 Jul 13

Staging Time: 0900

Staging Location: Harper-Talasek Funeral Home, 506 N 38th St Killeen, TX 76543, (http://tinyurl.com/yctptck)

Briefing: 0910

Flagline Establishment: 0925 +/- Once the service has begun, we will strike the flagline and prepare to participate in the procession to Killeen Memorial Park on Lake Road in Killeen.

WX: Sunny, with a high/low of 97/75, ESE winds 8 mph.

Notes:

1. Arrive at staging ON TIME and topped off.

2. Hydrate well the night before, bring water for yourself and a buddy and dress with consideration of the weather conditions.

Ride Captain: Ron “Joker” Smith; 254.415.8204; ron.smith4950@hot.rr.com

Assistant Ride Captain: Ron “PACMan” Decker; 254.383.6281; krdecker@embarqmail.com

Flag Wrangler: CJ "CeeJ" Foy; 254.317.8226; foy@foyco.com

Please join us in honoring this US Army Veteran for his selfless service to our Great Nation.
www.fojit.com Send Private Message
Author RE: Charles E Dye, US Army, Veteran, Kempner, TX
Hacksaw
Administrator

Posted on 07/05/2013 20:15
No matter what Chuck was doing, if he was outside and could hear my pipes, he would stop and give me a smile and a wave as I rode by his driveway. Often I'd stop and we'd talk about our rides and the ones we always planned to make.
Chuck was always a friendly face in a world with far too few.
I'm going to miss that smile and wave.
Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Copyright © 2007-2019 Central Texas Region Patriot Guard Riders