Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region
Home · Discussion Forum · Articles · News Categories · Web Links · Downloads04/26/2024 13:22:28
Navigation
Home
Discussion Forum
CenTex Missions
Austin CrossPosts
San Antonio CrossPosts
North Texas CrossPosts
West Texas CrossPosts
Watch List
Articles
News Categories
Photo Gallery
Web Links
FAQ
Downloads
Contact Webmaster
Search

Forum Threads
Newest Threads
Veteran Dustin Baldw...
YN2 Gregory Scarr, 7...
CW4 Gerald Ward, 73,...
!!!PGR MONTHLY DINNE...
SFC George Kilgore, ...
Hottest Threads
Vets Get one more... [7]
TEXAS GATHERING O... [6]
Glenn Reynolds, 9... [6]
TEXAS GATHERING -... [5]
SP5 Robert Binkle... [3]

Latest Articles
Service flags
Flag code

View Thread
Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region | PGR Events | Completed
Author Armed Forces Day Celebration, Llano, TX
scooterJr
Administrator

Posted on 05/15/2013 15:05
CONFIRMED PGR EVENT
Armed Forces Day Celebration, Llano, TX

Once again the American Legion Commander in Llano has invited the Patriot Guard Riders to participate in Llano's Armed Forces Day Rally. We have been participating in this event for several years and always receive great feedback both from the citizens of Llano and from our own Riders. It is a real treat so please make plans to attend!

Date: Friday, 17 May 13

Copperas Cove Staging Time: 0900

Copperas Cove Staging Location: Chevron/Mickey's, 2101 US 190, Copperas Cove, TX 76522 (http://tinyurl.com/ChevronCC)

Copperas Cove Briefing: 0915

Copperas Cove KSU: 0930

Route: We will travel West on 190, South on 281, then West on 29. You are welcome to join us at any point along our route. SAFETY FIRST. We will pass the Lampasas Walmart around 0945 (+/- 5 Min) and the Burnet Walgreens on 281 & 29 around 1005 (+/- 5 Min). We will travel the speed limit and the route is long, therefore there is NO REASON TO RACE TO CATCH UP WITH US on the road. Same goes if we are split up for any reason. SAFETY FIRST.

Note: Be at staging ON TIME and topped off.

Ride Captain: Ron “PACMan” Decker; 254.526.8265, 254.383.6281; krdecker@embarqmail.com

Assistant Ride Captain: Ron “Joker” Smith; 254.415.8204; ron.smith4950@hot.rr.com

Llano Staging Time: 1100

Llano Staging Location: H&R Block, 906 Ford St, Llano, TX 78643 (http://goo.gl/maps/DlRPI)

Llano Briefing: 1130

Flagline Establishment: After the briefing and at the discretion of the Ride Captain.

WX: Mostly sunny, with a high 90 to 95. South wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Note: Hydrate well prior, bring water for yourself and a buddy and dress with consideration of the weather conditions.

Ride Captain: John "TC" Wiley; 325.388.4698 (H) 325.423.2220 (C); JohnBoy@281.com

Assistant Ride Captain/Flag Wrangler: Robert "Mohawk" Binkley; 35deltaa@gmail.com

Please join us in this Annual Armed Forces Day Celebration with the City of Llano.
www.fojit.com Send Private Message
Author RE: Armed Forces Day Celebration, Llano, TX
texas coyote
Administrator

Posted on 05/17/2013 23:04
This event is now complete.

I want to thank all that showed their support today at the Armed Forces Appreciation Day in Llano. We had 16 in attendance including one young local man who asked to stand the Flag Line with us. I talked to him after the Ceremony to tell him "Thanks for joining our Flag Line" and he told me that he will be signing up as soon as he Graduates and his goal was to be a Navy Seal. He was very well mannered and showed respect for those who have gone this way before him in every way. In this day and time it is moments like these that let me know what we are doing does make a difference.

There were 16 in attendance which included 4 cages, 1 trike, 7 bikes, and the young man I just mentioned.

The Llano County population at this time is a little over 19,000. There are 58 young men and women from here on active duty at this time with many more who have served and separated. There has been two KIA's from Llano County since July of 2007.

Thank you to all who came to Llano for this event and a special Thanks to Bob Binkley for assisting and "Wrangling" the Flags for today. Anyone who knows Bob knows that he is always the first one there. Well, being as this event was in my home county I thought I had a chance of being there when Bob got there. It did not happen.

Thank You All,

TC

“The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation." -- George Washington 1789

C Co. 2/22 Inf. (mech) "Tripple Deuce" 25th Inf. Div. Vietnam 1968

Proud Blue Star Dad...
PGR ID#8488....Ride Captain.....Hill Country.....

We are each just a pixel in the "Big Picture." Together we bring it into focus. Hopefully the image we create will leave a positive and lasting impression on each Family and Community that we have the Honor of serving..
TC
Edited by texas coyote on 05/18/2013 09:56
Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

Copyright © 2007-2019 Central Texas Region Patriot Guard Riders