Centex Ride Info - Fri, 29 Apr 16; 0900
TX Gathering of the Guard
Any riders interested accompanying CenTex PGR Members down to Medina Highpoint Resort (Koyote Ranch) for the Texas Gathering are welcome! You are welcome to ride with us even if you are not attending the Gathering. We will go a hair under the speed limit so don't be timid if you're not used to riding in groups. We want to arrive SAFELY. This is not a formal ride, it'll be easy-going and FUN! This year we're again taking the scenic, back road down Hwy 16.
WX: Copperas Cove: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a high near 82. South southeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Medina: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. South wind 10 to 15 mph.
1. Arrive at staging on time and topped off.
2. PLEASE FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE ROUTE & STOPS IN CASE WE GET SPLIT UP!
3. If you plan to join in along the route, best thing to do is join us at one of our stops. The travel times are listed in the paragraph above. Just take the KSU time from Copperas Cove add the driving time and about 15- 20 min for each stop, then be there! If you join in on the road, BE SAFE! This is a long ride and there is plenty of time to catch up and join in.
4. Any cages who attempt to cut into our group along the route - let em - we have time.
5. Bear will have the PGR Trailer at my house on Wednesday, 27 Apr 16 and will pick it up Friday morning before the Copperas Cove Staging. You are more than welcome to load items in the trailer that are too cumbersome to carry on the bike - ESPECIALLY those Items you are bringing down for the auction or Donations for the Kerrville VA Visit. Gimme a hollar so I can open it if you need space! 254.458.2120. I'll give you my addy on the phone or via text message....
6. Bring water for yourself and a buddy and dress with consideration of the weather conditions – RAIN!
Hope to see y'all there!
Mary “Marebear” Gregory
Deputy State Captain, Central Texas
Patriot Guard Riders
TEXAS GATHERING OF THE GUARD 2016
Medina Highpoint Resort, Medina, TX
Fri & Sat, 29 & 30 Apr 16 (depart for home Sun, 1 May)
It is that time again - Last year rocked! (What's new?) The catered PGR meals were great and the Canteen had delicious, HUGE meals & snacks for sale, as well as beer, wine, and souvenirs. The riding was a little wet last year, so we'll hope for better weather this time around - and even if it isn't we find things to do! This is a family-friendly event, so consider bringing the little ones along. We have a wonderful opportunity for us to bond as a group outside of our mission and to meet members from throughout Texas - You'll LOVE IT!
A BIG THANK YOU to West Texas PGR, who have offered to host this year's event!
If paid and received by April 18th registration is $30.00 each person, if after or at the Gathering, cost will be $35.00. Early bird payers will receive a Texas PGR patch WITH the 2016 Rocker and past years rockers will be available at the event. Registration fees include 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts.
Please make checks payable to:
There will be a 50/50 drawing and an Auction!
Please remember to procure and bring items for the Auction!!!!
Dogs ARE allowed:
- Service Dogs are FREE
- Pets (non-Service Animals):
- - - Bunkhouses: $25 non-refundable fee. Limit two per cabin.
- - - All other Cabins: $50 non-refundable fee. Limit two per cabin.
I have reserved FOUR Bunkhouses for us. They will accommodate 4-5 people each. We will be staying in Cabins 3, 4, and 5 on the hill on the left after you pass the Mercantile/Beirgarten (See the map at: http://rvcoutdoors.com/medina-highpoint-resort/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/medina-highpoint-resort-map.pdf). The bathrooms & showers are right behind the cabins. These cost $95.19 per night and cost will be split amongst the occupants (you can arrange payment with me offline). PLEASE let me know SOONEST via email if you want one of these spaces so I have an idea whether to cancel or try to add more cabins - Spaces will go FAST. I'll keep the list updated online so you know who is going. Descriptions and other lodging options can be found on the Medina Highpoint Resort (formerly Koyote Ranch) Website at: www.rvcoutdoors.com/medina-highpoint-resort. Or phone 800.225.0991/877.272.0183. More information can also be found on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/medinahighpoint. You can also find lodging by searching local cities, such as Kerrville and Bandera, for hotels, motels and lodging.
Please plan to attend and let's make this year another one to remember!
P.S. Now is the time to start looking around for items to bring to the auction. Dealers, venders and retail merchants are always willing to help a good cause, so please ask your friends at these locations. Remember, handcrafted items are always good auction items - get creative & make something for us to auction off. And bring money or your checkbook in case YOU find a treasure at the auction!
P.P.S. As the time draws near, I will put out staging information separately for our trip down there early on Friday, 29 Apr 16, if you care to ride with us as a group.