Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region
Home · Discussion Forum · Articles · News Categories · Web Links · Downloads03/29/2024 04:32:22
Navigation
Home
Discussion Forum
CenTex Missions
Austin CrossPosts
San Antonio CrossPosts
North Texas CrossPosts
West Texas CrossPosts
Watch List
Articles
News Categories
Photo Gallery
Web Links
FAQ
Downloads
Contact Webmaster
Search

Forum Threads
Newest Threads
!!!PGR MONTHLY DINNE...
SGT Michael Grady Jr...
SP4 John Bradley, 69...
SP5 Francis Anderson...
Temple VA Veterans H...
Hottest Threads
Vets Get one more... [7]
TEXAS GATHERING O... [6]
Glenn Reynolds, 9... [6]
TEXAS GATHERING -... [5]
SP5 Robert Binkle... [3]

Latest Articles
Flag code

View Thread
Patriot Guard Riders Centex Region | PGR Events | Completed
Author CenTex PGR Covid-19 Update - Sun, 19 Apr 20
Holls419
Administrator

Posted on 04/19/2020 11:03
CenTex PGR Covid-19 Update

Sun, 19 Apr 20

Hello everyone,

Since I've got some down time, I wanted to give you guys some updates on the fundraisers and stand down status of the CenTex PGR.

STAND DOWN - At this time, it looks like Phase II of the Governor's plan is going to be the time to start looking into removing the stand down status. I don't/won't have a specific date to do this, since it depends on how successful reopening Texas goes and how quickly they remove restrictions, and how the counties follow suit and implement things. When we start doing missions again, I'm trusting you all to use your own judgement on whether or not it's safe for you to attend missions, and help keep others safe. I do have one family who has my number and will be calling, and I'm expecting more once the Honor Guard is able to do services again.

2020 TX Gathering of the Guard - The 2020 GOTG is cancelled and will not be rescheduled this year. All the donated items for this event will be stored, and will be taken to the region responsible for next year's gathering. We will be selling the t-shirts and pins we designed for this year to raise money for state, and try to sell the meat that we bought, and give all the money to state. I will do a proper thank you later, but I want to thank all of the folks who helped out, and stuck with it until we finally had to cancel it. I also want to thank in advance the folks who are stepping up to go to different regions, once the restrictions get lifted, to help sell the merchandise and help state. I'll post photos of the shirts, pins, and prices in a few days. I'll also be posting it to the other regions.

14th Annual CenTex PGR Freedom Run - Because of Covid-19 and the effect it has had on the area as a whole, we will not be having our fundraiser this year. We will make up for it next year when we can get together properly and have fun with our friends. I know several of you are feeding families, getting families help if they need it, taking care of you and your loved ones, and sharing small business posts on facebook that have supported us and the community through the years, and that's awesome. That is where the focus needs to be right now; CenTex PGR will be fine.

I'm proud of every one of you and what you guys do for CenTex PGR and our community. To the Veterans: we still stand for you in spirit, though we can't physically be there right now. Thank you for what each of you have done for our Country; we'll be doing missions again as soon as this storm passes.

Holly "Holler" Melendez
CenTex Deputy State Captain
Patriot Guard Rider
Edited by Holls419 on 04/22/2020 13:24
Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.