Patriot Guard Riders Mission Statement
The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.
We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.
Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives.
- 1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
- 2. Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protester or group of protesters.
We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.
To request the presence of the Central Texas Patriot Guard Riders, we ask that the Next-of-Kin, Casualty Assistance Officer or the Funeral Director contact:
Mary "Marebear" Gregory, MGregory2@hot.rr.com, 254.458.2120
Ron “Joker” Smith, email@example.com, 254.415.8204
PLEASE try to give us at least 36 hours notice.
For those of you who wish to participate/become members:
- You may ride a motorcycle or not. You are not required to do anything during a mission except to maintain respect for the fallen and their families. Anyone is welcome and there are plenty of "jobs" to go around. If you're unable to stand for extended periods of time, we welcome you to join us and fill in as "relief" or hand out water to those standing, or just come to show support.
- It is not a requirement to join the website, but members who do are privy to more areas inside the website, including a link to sign up for email notification of upcoming missions.
- On the left navigation panel there are links to missions. Click the CenTex Missions link to take you to our local missions. The Mission Order will tell you where to be and when. Just show up on time. We give briefings so you'll know what to do. On the right side of the site, there is a quick-view calendar where you can hover over a date and see which missions are scheduled for CenTex.
- For your convenience we try to post missions from other areas. Those are listed as "Austin, San Antonio, etc." though they may not always be up to date. A simple web search will guide you to websites for those areas for more complete information. There are NO borders and you're welcome to attend any PGR mission anywhere in the world!
- There is NO uniform. Everyone shows up in casual wear/riding gear. The PGR does not require the wear or purchase of patches or vests, although we ask that if you already have patches, please ensure they would not offend the family with lewd messages.
- Our members are all very friendly and helpful. If you have questions ask away!
- There are no RSVPs for missions and we insist that your health and your family come first so don't feel bad about whether you make all, few or none of the missions. We know where your heart is if you're reading this.
All that said, we hope to meet you soon!
Mary "Marebear" Gregory
Deputy State Captain, Central Texas
Links to other areas:
To those of you who are currently serving and fighting for the freedoms of others, at home and abroad, please know that we are backing you. We honor and support you with every mission we carry out, and we are praying for a safe return home for all.
We try to update this front page often with current news/concerns.
Don't forget to scroll down the page to keep up!
|Dallas Area Snowball Express Volunteers|
! NEW INFORMATION !
As of 8 Oct 14
To all PGR members.
Below are detailed instructions for registration to be a part of the 2014 Snowball Express. Again, Anyone wishing to volunteer with Snowball Express will need to re-register, regardless if you have registered in past years and that will include acquiring a new Background Check. All PGR members must register at https://signup.snowballexpress.org/ and set up your Login ID & Password. On the next page and under Group¯ select Patriot Guard Riders¯ in the drop down tab and then DO NOT select any Activity Interests¯ if you only want to be assigned to escort/processions and/or be a part of security.
It is very important that you do not pick any activity under the Activity Interests¯ section to work unless you are planning on working that area and not be riding in processions or helping with security with the Patriot Guard Riders. EXAMPLE: If you sign up for Ground Transportation¯ on a specific day, you will be assigned to a bus and then expected to be there.
Failure to report to the Activity Interest¯ that you have been assigned to by Snowball Express, will result in you not receiving the security clearance for future activities. All PGR riders who have registered and that did not select an Activity Interest¯ and if there is NO procession will be asked to assist in security at/or between the hotels when needed or any area where Snowball Express & PGR Management Staff feels they need assistance.
Once you have registered on the Snowball Express site: https://signup.snowballexpress.org/ , only then should you go to get your Background Check completed, but please remember you must first have a profile in the Snowball Express database before you attempt to log in on the background check website. https://snowballexpress.org/bgpay/
If you have already registered this year and need to make changes based on topics covered above, then you will need to log-in to your account and make the necessary changes : Make Changes : https://signup.snowballexpress.org/Account/Logon
Regards, Ken DuBois Deputy State Captain North Texas Patriot Guard Riders cell-(817) 879-9420
Change Lives: Sign Up Now
Dear Snowball Volunteer,
This announcement is being sent to those individuals who in past years signed up to serve as a volunteer for Snowball Express. Your willingness to serve the children of our Nation's Fallen Heroes makes you special. Thank you for serving in past years. I hope that you will sign up to volunteer again this year and
support the largest gathering in the world of children and families of our fallen military heroes.
We are ready to have you sign-up for this year's event. To sign-up simply click on the link to our new volunteer site.
This year our families will stay in Fort Worth and travel to events and venues in Fort Worth and Dallas. We plan to have volunteer opportunities in both areas.
I encourage everyone to sign up. Those volunteers around the country who show tremendous support at the airport send off ceremonies should sign up again. Volunteers who will be serving one or more days in DFW need to sign up. Also, individuals who are not able to devote a lot of time should sign up. You can devote a few short hours and have a tremendous impact on these children and families. One of the public efforts that is most meaningful to our children and families is the "walk of gratitude", where we invite the public to simply show up, line the streets, bring American flags and home made signs of support. This simple but powerful act shows these families that they have not been forgotten and the ultimate sacrifice of their hero will never be forgotten. If you sign-up you will be notified of these tribute events.
I am pleased to announce that we are launching a new volunteer database that will be much easier for you to use. This system will also allow us to assign volunteers more efficiently and communicate more effectively. This system has greater flexibility and will be much easier to expand as we grow.
Our new database requires that everyone re-register as a Snowball Express volunteer. We are unable to transfer data from our old system to the new database. We appreciate your understanding as we undergo this period of transition. Sign-up is very simple and will only take a few minutes.
We have also established a volunteer help desk e-mail system. If you have a question or require assistance, please address your question to the appropriate contact.
You will be able to access the first support e-mail address directly from the volunteer sign-up system. Please refer to the last page of the Help & How To Document that is linked below.
Sign-up or general questions e-mail:
Some of our volunteers may remember Michelle Carline and Kara Carline, our Volunteer Coordinators. Michelle and Kara can still be contacted with questions about background checks or specific volunteer assignment questions at: VolunteerCoordinator@snowballexpress.org
Please review the Help & How-To Document
Click HERE for visual step-by-step sign-up help.
Sign-Up Now at:
Thank you for remembering our Gold Star Children,
Francis "Buck" Kern
611 S. Main Street, Suite 400
Grapevine, TX 76051
(817) 401-HOPE (4673)
This Notification Has Been Sent To 2,337 Registered Recipients.
This Is A "Send Only" System And Works In Conjunction With http://www.ntxpgr.org .
|Oklahoma Travel Warning for PGR Members|
|Group Riding Information|
Not a member yet?Click here
Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here