Patriot Guard Riders Mission Statement
The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.
We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.
Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives.
- 1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.
- 2. Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protester or group of protesters.
We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.
To request the presence of the Central Texas Patriot Guard Riders, we ask that the Next-of-Kin, Casualty Assistance Officer or the Funeral Director contact:
Mary "Marebear" Gregory, MGregory2@hot.rr.com, 254.458.2120
Ron “Joker” Smith, email@example.com, 254.415.8204
PLEASE try to give us at least 36 hours notice.
For those of you who wish to participate/become members:
- You may ride a motorcycle or not. You are not required to do anything during a mission except to maintain respect for the fallen and their families. Anyone is welcome and there are plenty of "jobs" to go around. If you're unable to stand for extended periods of time, we welcome you to join us and fill in as "relief" or hand out water to those standing, or just come to show support.
- It is not a requirement to join the website, but members who do are privy to more areas inside the website, including a link to sign up for email notification of upcoming missions.
- On the left navigation panel there are links to missions. Click the CenTex Missions link to take you to our local missions. The Mission Order will tell you where to be and when. Just show up on time. We give briefings so you'll know what to do. On the right side of the site, there is a quick-view calendar where you can hover over a date and see which missions are scheduled for CenTex.
- For your convenience we try to post missions from other areas. Those are listed as "Austin, San Antonio, etc." though they may not always be up to date. A simple web search will guide you to websites for those areas for more complete information. There are NO borders and you're welcome to attend any PGR mission anywhere in the world!
- There is NO uniform. Everyone shows up in casual wear/riding gear. The PGR does not require the wear or purchase of patches or vests, although we ask that if you already have patches, please ensure they would not offend the family with lewd messages.
- Our members are all very friendly and helpful. If you have questions ask away!
- There are no RSVPs for missions and we insist that your health and your family come first so don't feel bad about whether you make all, few or none of the missions. We know where your heart is if you're reading this.
All that said, we hope to meet you soon!
Mary "Marebear" Gregory
Deputy State Captain, Central Texas
Links to other areas:
To those of you who are currently serving and fighting for the freedoms of others, at home and abroad, please know that we are backing you. We honor and support you with every mission we carry out, and we are praying for a safe return home for all.
We try to update this front page often with current news/concerns.
Don't forget to scroll down the page to keep up!